I have watched so many of your videos and you have changed my entire thinking of what the trumpet is and how to play it. i am curious on your opinion of mouthpiece selection. I know players that select different mouthpieces for different styles and some that claim its not the mouthpiece, its the player. Do you have an opinion on this, and if so I am curious to hear it.
The player has the idea of sound they want to create and then the correct mouthpiece will facilitate that sound in the most efficient way. As Bobby Shew says, "Not everyone wears the same size shoes!"
Can't find an answer to a question?
Enter it below, we'll work it out.
Unlike other video lesson websites, you won't find compulsory membership fees here. If you find the lessons useful you may consider making a donation.
This is a great way to show your appreciation.
All donations help to keep this website alive, and are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Greg
Beginners - Comeback Players - Pro's
Merry Christmas from MTM Take advantage of our FREE DELIVERY
When we begin playing trumpet, we get a book of exercises or tunes, learn the notes then hope to play the music we love. We figure this is how simple learning the trumpet is.
We soon learn that improving is difficult
Surprisingly, most brass players don't even consider what is really important. The best example of this is the amount of unhappy and frustrated trumpet players we meet... or the number of wasted hours practising without considering how the trumpet works, only to fail miserably when trying to improve.
Focus on learning HOW you work
So when Mystery to Mastery developed a method that teaches you to focus on learning how your mind, body and the instrument work, making every minute of your practise routine productive, our approach spread FAST.
ENDORSED BY THE
Dancing With The Stars(Australia)trumpeter Greg Spence explains in simple terms how to improve quickly and consistently on the trumpet while revealing why you are having problems. The Mystery to Mastery Method, personally endorsed by James Morrison, Allan Vizzutti, Wayne Bergeron, Eric Miyashiro, the ITG and Yamaha Music Australia is a strategic, Step-By-Step and holistic approach to brass performance. This is a MUST HAVE for all brass players.
What sets us apart from other methods is the focus on Concepts, Sensations and Visualisations. Cutting edge techniques, easy to understand concepts, free lessons and videos plus interactive books that guide you step by step - all tools Mystery to Mastery use to ensure your successful development.
Over 25 years experience devising a better way to play!
"Best explanation I've ever heard and I've had lessons with some of the greatest trumpet teachers and performers in the world of our time. Thank you, this is a wealth of information! You have broken the myth that a great teacher can't be a great player...you are both!"
STOP banging your head against a brick wall!
MYSTERY TO MASTERY INCLUDES
Logical and Achievable Exercises
1. Read our TESTIMONIALS - you are not wasting your time at this site!!!
2. Watch the 5 BASIC VIDEOS to get a taste of what will soon change your life.
3. Work through our FREE sample eBook with 5 FREE LESSONS that will transform your approach!
4. Watch through the many videos, listen to the mp3's and read the articles - UPDATE YOUR BROWSER AND FLASH PLAYER. To get the most out of this site, make sure you have the most recent version of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari and you will need a flash player to watch the videos. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to keep up with the latest MTM Action!
5. Read some amazing ENDORSEMENTS from some modern legends of trumpet.
6. Learn how Greg's powerful and proven approach creates a deep understanding about brass playing that offers astounding results.
To improve your trumpet playing, CORRECT thought processes must be sent from your subconscious mind. The Mystery to Mastery method includes the use of Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic training to SIMPLY and EASILY explain how 99% of players approach brass playing the wrong way.
7. Train your brain and body what to do using the WINDPRODUCTS. Using the instrument stimulates old, futile habits. Overcome bad, instinctive behaviour by experiencing powerful sensations away from the instrument. Learn how to move air efficiently and how eliminate the destructive habits of pinching the lips and forcing the air.
THE GREAT VALUE WINDPACK (Leadpipe NOT Included)
DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND WATCH THIS VIDEO!!!
"Hi Greg, the leadpipe came. As I said before, the
problem with my throat was between the mouthpiece and the trumpet. So, I figured
the leadpipe was the answer I have been looking for. After using the leadpipe for a few minutes, I was able to play a few notes
on my trumpet without any throat problems. God bless you! Because of something that costs $49.95, I am now able to play my horns
(that were quite expensive), that have been sitting idle for quite some
time. I know I am not out of the woods yet, but it is such a relief to know I
am on the right track. I can't thank you enough. And I will be ordering your courses in the
near future.You are the man! Sincerely, Carlo Berto"
"I could never dream of improving like I did with your book/videos, after two teachers and lots of wasted time. I never wanted to be a pro, my goal is just playing with the sound I love. A big grazie Greg! Stefano" ITALY
This ground-breaking approach has sold over 5,000 copies worldwide and you can get it NOW...INSTANT ACCESS
9. If you have completed Book 1 up to speed with a full sound, you are ready for M2MII (eBook Only). This is only for experienced professionals looking to refine a well developed technique and increase range.
"The pin has finally dropped Greg, you legend!!! playing professionally for 13 years and have all the tutor books. Maggio, schlossberg, stamp etc!!! As you demonstrated in your vids; relaxed, supple and puckered chops coincided with aperture control is working wonders. A tight and sometimes impossible extreme register is now secure and growing by the day! Spreading the word!!! Cheers
MYSTERY TO MASTERY SHARING GREAT INFORMATION AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE