WindWorks Trumpet Academy Forums WindWorks 1.O / 2.0 routine

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jice.gif
      Participant

Hi everyone,

JiCe here. Newbie and very exited to get into the course.
      How you guys do incorporate the WW course into daily practice ?
      First thing in th emorning and then proceed to ‘ normal ‘ stuff.
      Or do you try and get reacquainted with the new material througouht the day ?

Thanks

JiCe

Mike Abbate
      Participant

This is a good way to warmup and focus the process. Being that you are very new to MTM I would suggest you break it down into several practice sessions and take your time. Mindfulness is extremely important as well as exploring your body for any unnecessary engagement.
      Close eyes- body’s concert hall breath (open up the throat and lungs).
      Tissue – release passive (no engagement).
      Add the visualizer to that (should see and feel the same result). Remove visualizer and add mouthpiece over the same setup (eyes closed). Add lead pipe (doesn’t matter what sound is produced or no note). For me it’s usually somewhere in the upper part of the lead pipe harmonics (eyes closed). My focus is on the release (passive) and the very slight movement inward of the corners inside the mouthpiece. My mind’s eye is focused on the movement and the flow of air moving straight through to the mouthpiece throat, the milk spout and corners inside the mouthpiece. I do about 5 minutes of scale and arpeggio intervals all passive and focused as mentioned above.
      Next I do largo whole tones (focus corners open and free). I go to second line g ascending and descending. Then I go from second line g to c (and add a step to d,or e when the feeling is free and open).
      Next tongue stops (I go in both directions, not necessarily each direction).
      The I start the singing c series from c#, and the d using andante. Then e flat moderato. Then e flat and e allegro.
      Plenty of rest in between all of this while eyes closed and trying to store the feeling each time.
      I’ll finally finish and do a 2 octave c scale or chromatic and put the horn down for a few hours. Then it’s on to presto and or ruby. Usually about an hour and a half to two hours. Then a half hour to and hour of technical stuff arban’s etc.
      This is a quick explanation. Good luck

Adrian Hicks
      Participant

When I started with Greg, I would do the exercises prescribed for 10-15min then proceed to normal stuff, playing my old ‘pinch, press and pray’ way. I was gigging too, so even got to a point where I was playing two ways. The new MM way until I tired, then the old PPP way to finish the gig. Once the habits became ingrained, I then could play the entire gig and be fresh for another set most times. No more icing chops afterwards!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent topics

Recent replies